DEFENCE NEWS UPDATES THAT YOU MUST KNOW
Being a defense aspirant you must be aware of the latest updates in defense forces. The current affairs from the defense sector are not only important for your exam but also it plays a very important role in SSB also. Here Path Finder Defence Academy is providing you the important defense updates that you must know and read for your exams and for your SSB interview
- The Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Flight Lieutenant Mohana Singh became first ever woman pilot to fly by day on Hawk advanced jet aircraft
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired Akash-1S surface to air defense missile system from Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Balasore off the Odisha coast. This is the second successive successful missile test by DRDO in last two days.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) Chief Air Chief Marshal (ACM) B.S. Dhanoa visits Air Force Station in Bhisiana and Sarsawa to pay homage to the air warrior who made supreme sacrifice during Operation Safed Sagar at Kargil.
- Indian Army’s Lieutenant General ShaileshTinaikar was as appointed the new force commander of UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) by UN Secretary Antonio Guterres.
- The Indian Air Force’s (IAF’s) AN-32 aircraft was formally fleet certified to fly on blended aviation fuel which contains up to 10% of indigenous bio-jet fuel
- Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi
- Pakistan has successfully test-fired a land-based ballistic missile named ‘Shaheen-II’. The impact point of the missile was in the Arabian Sea
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully fired aerial version of supersonic BrahMos cruise missile from a Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft.
- Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kanth scripted history by becoming first woman pilot of Indian Air Force (IAF) to qualify to undertake combat missions on a fighter jet.
- Admiral Karambir Singh assumes charge as the new Chief of Indian Navy. With this appointment, he now becomes 24th Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS)
- The Chief of the Air Staff (COAS) Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa received the baton of Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) from Admiral Sunil Lanba, the outgoing Chief of the Naval Staff and also COSC Chairman.